The Next Generation Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Next Generation Gamers Community

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Experienced Mapper needed.

Go down 
+2
BigETI
Prophet
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Prophet
S.T.A.R.S
Prophet

Experienced Mapper needed. Empty
PostSubject: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 10:30 pm

Hello,

I am currently working on the Saint Marian Role Play map for that server. Its a big project to work on and I got great help from DIO and Hammer, but I need some one to help me with some small things in the map (like removing objects and adding some detail to the map, idea's for specific area's.) I am currently the only mapper with DIO. I will give a reward to the one that helps me, I need a maximum of 2 people to help me.

More info to come.

Requirements :

-Must have mapping experience with MTA and this editor ; http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=282801

Thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
BigETI
Community Developer

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 12:04 am

Use this instead: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=282801

Please do not include objects into a self running almost blank game mode.
Back to top Go down
Darkicarus
TNG Designer
Darkicarus

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 7:52 am

I can volunteer..I've been mapping for a several months...And..You cant remove a San Andreas Object in GTA since its the original map..The only way to remove San Andreas Object is to program it while using MTA..BigETI will be the one who removes the objects..

P.S:I didn't know that you are mapping that server lol. I guess I'm too UNupdated.
Back to top Go down
Prophet
S.T.A.R.S
Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:30 am

bigeti : If you read my post you will see that that link is already in there

Zangetsu : I can remove objects in the new editor, DIO told me to delete buildings and make it look collapsed and to remove all the light sources...

i use MTA and the new Editor, i convert my stuff all the time tough.

Zangetsu, ad me on MSN : e.graventein@hotmail.nl so we can talk.
Back to top Go down
BigETI
Community Developer

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 12:37 pm

That's why I've pointed it.
Zangetsu SA:MP supports a function called "RemovePlayerBuilding" which makes us able to remove specific objects from the game which normally requires knowledge but the SA:MP Map Editor gives us the ability to select an object and adds the "RemovePlayerBuilding" code by pressing "Del".
Raven I've experienced that you have added alot of objects twice which could be a fault that you have loaded the map twice and saved it then.
Please do not use MTA for good reasons.
Back to top Go down
Prophet
S.T.A.R.S
Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 12:55 pm

Ill try, but that editor sucks to work efficiently, it lags and the controls are really bad.
Back to top Go down
Darkicarus
TNG Designer
Darkicarus

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 1:18 pm

Raven can you PM me the picture of your map? So I can know what it looks like.

P.S: Raven I dont have MSN...Add me on facebook instead... davido2jam06@yahoo.com (Thomas Cansino)

Raven..As you said above that you cant manage MTA's controls so..I'll try to help you..

There is a save thing..And when you left MTA,your previous map will still be IN the game when you logged in.So I suggest you to save your map in MTA before you leave and after you logged in you can just check your map if its still in the game...If its not..Load your previous file.
Back to top Go down
Prophet
S.T.A.R.S
Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 1:44 pm

Im a pro in MTA, but the other editor is crappy. although im getting better at that one to. I think i can manage it now. ill PM you if i need something.

thanks
Back to top Go down
[UC]Wilson
TNG Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:39 am

Honestly,I have tried that editor and could not remove objects nor add objects with it.

I've seen a mapper named Melony take some objects off MTA (I dunno if they both support the .map file) but I was sure it did.

For this,I cannot map.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Gofuckyourself.co.uk
Deadpool
Founder
Founder
Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 11:42 am

MTA cannot remove object from SA only the new Map editor can.
Back to top Go down
https://tng-gamers.forumotion.com
Prophet
S.T.A.R.S
Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 5:10 pm

MTA can copy world objects but not delete them only the new editor can as DIO said.
Back to top Go down
[UC]Immortal
TNG Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 6:55 pm

I might attempt mapping this to improve mah mapping skills, depends if i can be bothered and have spare times
Back to top Go down
Prophet
S.T.A.R.S
Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Sure thing man, if you want the files ill send them to you.
Back to top Go down
[UC]Immortal
TNG Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 7:01 pm

Pm me if you want
Back to top Go down
Darkicarus
TNG Designer
Darkicarus

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:06 am

Raven...PM me the screenshots of the MAP your saying...Let me see if the objects made by MTA are enough. If it is so many..Let me decrease it for a bit..If it is few..Let me add some objects.
Back to top Go down
[UC]Wilson
TNG Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 1:38 pm

I remember there was a gamemode that saved the map coding in an .ini file but it was a horrible thing to use.
Back to top Go down
Prophet
S.T.A.R.S
Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 4:38 pm

Zangetsu, The map is perfect now. There is no need for deleting or adding objects atm, I just need some one that has some experience in mapping and has inspiration to map some stuff...
Back to top Go down
BigETI
Community Developer

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:38 pm

[UC]Wilson wrote:
I remember there was a gamemode that saved the map coding in an .ini file but it was a horrible thing to use.
That map loading system sounds ridicolous.
I've actually invented a binary type of map loading/saving system (I don't know if somebody else did this but mine supports its .bmap files; Currently used object streamer for OSF) which works inside mine PAWN sided object streamer include made by myself which also supports reading those .pwn map files (Only CreateBObject and CreateBVehicle!; See documentation site.)
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ZDJZd3yS
<Currently the source code has been not released for the public yet>

Also a small guide made by myself how to easily read and write binary type of files:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=LJYvzgiG

Last edited by BigETI on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[UC]Wilson
TNG Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:42 pm

BigETI wrote:
[UC]Wilson wrote:
That map loading system sounds ridicolous.
I've actually invented a binary type of map loading/saving system (I don't know if somebody else did this but mine supports its .bmap files; Currently used object streamer for OSF) which works inside mine PAWN sided object streamer include made by myself which also supports reading those .pwn map files (Only CreateBObject and CreateBVehicle!; See documentation site.)
<Documentation comming soon!>
<Currently the source code has been not released for the public yet>

Also a small guide made by myself how to easily read and write binary type of files:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=LJYvzgiG

Can you use it for the mapping?
Back to top Go down
BigETI
Community Developer

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:52 pm

I actually use it for your maps.
Back to top Go down
Darkicarus
TNG Designer
Darkicarus

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 2:55 am

RavenXx1 wrote:
Zangetsu, The map is perfect now. There is no need for deleting or adding objects atm, I just need some one that has some experience in mapping and has inspiration to map some stuff...

lol well sure thing...just pm me when you need me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Experienced Mapper needed.   Experienced Mapper needed. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Experienced Mapper needed.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Next Generation Gamers-
Jump to: