The Next Generation Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Next Generation Gamers Community

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Something interesting with grapichs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Prophet
S.T.A.R.S
Prophet

Something interesting with grapichs Empty
PostSubject: Something interesting with grapichs   Something interesting with grapichs I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:56 pm

Just watche...

for those who dont understand grapichs etc, basicly what they are saying is that you can have games with unlimited detail and it would not take a really expencive pc to handle it.
So it does NOT take allot of processing power, infact what you see in the video is all processed on the GPU of their computer, ofcourse theres a grapichs card installed but its not used.

Unlimited detail in a game and almost no processing power required.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00gAbgBu8R4
Back to top Go down
BigETI
Community Developer

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting with grapichs   Something interesting with grapichs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:17 am

The demo itself takes several GBs, I wouldn't wonder if materials were seen multiple time, hence they was able to save the world file on a laptop. Even if they would have one of the best optimized software to render particles instead of polygons, if you want a world with several different objects, don't worry that your world file can take about some petabytes. Also where is your god now, when a laptop have to calculate animations (just some gigabytes or even petabytes each frame on the fly) using this particle render system.
Back to top Go down
Prophet
S.T.A.R.S
Prophet

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting with grapichs   Something interesting with grapichs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:27 am

BigETI wrote:
The demo itself takes several GBs, I wouldn't wonder if materials were seen multiple time, hence they was able to save the world file on a laptop. Even if they would have one of the best optimized software to render particles instead of polygons, if you want a world with several different objects, don't worry that your world file can take about some petabytes. Also where is your god now, when a laptop have to calculate animations (just some gigabytes or even petabytes each frame on the fly) using this particle render system.

I just hope we can see some really good results from these people, if they can develop a game with this technolegie i sure hope they will do it soon.

Sorry for the grammer, this is comming from my phone.
Back to top Go down
BigETI
Community Developer

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting with grapichs   Something interesting with grapichs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:52 am

I mean terrabytes, not gigabytes*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something interesting with grapichs   Something interesting with grapichs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something interesting with grapichs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Next Generation Gamers-
Jump to: